Cell Phone and Technology Use Policy Technology Use Policy
Possession and Use of Personal Telecommunications Devices, Including Mobile Telephones
For safety purposes, the district permits students to possess personal technology devices, mobile telephones; however, these devices must remain silenced during the instructional day, and shall only be used in accordance with all guidelines established in the Tomball ISD Technology Resources Acceptable Use and Internet Safety Policy which include but are not limited to, the following:
• Personal technology devices will be used exclusively for educational activities during instructional class periods with express permission from the teacher.
• Students may not use their personal technology devices to record, transmit or post photos or videos of a person or persons on the campus.
• Photos or videos recorded at school are not to be transmitted or posted at any time without express permission from the campus administrator.
• Students will not lend their device to someone else. The user is responsible for the content contained on the device regardless of how it originated and is responsible for the security of any equipment brought with them to school.
• TISD is not responsible for any financial expenses or loss of data should a personal technology device be lost, stolen, or damaged while at school.
Additionally, the following campus guidelines are in place:
• Cell phones shall remain silenced and in a backpack, locker, or secure area unless the classroom teacher authorizes use for instructional purposes.
• Cell phones shall not be used between class periods.
Cell Phones and devices are not allowed out during school unless it is for instructional purposes. Taking Selfies, photos, texting, social media, phones going off during class, etc will not be tolerated. Cell phones are to be turned off and kept inside students backpacks when not in use during instruction.