Hello TIS Parents/Guardians,
We are a few days away from Thanksgiving Break! Thank you for continuing to show excellence in the car rider line in the morning and afternoon. Below are important updates for TIS as we enter Thanksgiving Break.
November 23rd - November 27th is Thanksgiving Break, and all TISD schools will be closed.
Change of Learning Environment Opportunity Coming Soon
Although the process below only applies to parents who wish to change their child's learning environment, your child's schedule could be impacted due to the number of students who may be returning to the Face to Face or Tomball Virtual School environment. However, we will try our best to limit these types of schedule changes.
- This process ONLY applies to those families who wish to change their child's learning environment.
- Change must be made between 12 a.m. Monday, Nov. 30 to 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 9.
- Log in to Home Access Center to make a change. You should have already received your username on Friday, Nov. 13 via email from the TISD Communications Department.
- Parents must make the necessary change for each child.
- If you change from Tomball Virtual School to Face to Face instruction and need transportation, you will need to fill out the transportation information at the end of the process. (Bus Service Registration)
- This change will take effect at the beginning of the third grading period - January 6, 2021.
- By making a change, you are committing to this change for the entire third grading period, which ends March 12.
- If you need help accessing your account, please call the TISD Help Desk: 281-357-3052 x 4001 during normal business hours.
Message from the PTO
PTO Membership Info
We are doing things a bit differently this year. Instead of having a membership drive, ALL families & staff are MEMBERS of PTO. We know that this will include both virtual & F2F families in the best way. The school will be sharing email updates but if you'd like to get direct information, email email@example.com.
$20.20 for 2020 Donation Drive
The membership drive money gets our budget "up & running" for the start of the year. With things being done differently, we are changing too. We are asking for $20.20 per family to fund on campus activities. AND payments can be made ONLINE :)
We polled staff & they have all agreed that they want to continue hospitality activities. We are planning to offer prepackaged cookies, luncheons, bagged popcorn, Sonic drinks, & more. We hope to continue spoiling staff on a monthly basis so we need your help.
Payments can be made at: paypal.me/tispto20
Can we donate more than $20.20? YES
Is this a promise to volunteer? NO
Is this mandatory? NO
If I am a virtual family, do we donate too? YES - all of our staff is teaching F2F & virtually so they need lots of love :)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join our email string or with questions.
Follow us on Facebook: Tomball Intermediate School PTO
TIS Winter Spirit Shirt Sale
Just in time for cooler weather! Staying warm and showing your Cougar PRIDE!
Great gift for the Holidays! Grab YOUR winter wear spirit gear TODAY!
Cost - $28.00 ea. - Long Sleeve Tie-Dye T-Shirt
$30.00 ea. - Tie-Dye Graphic Sweatshirt
Please continue to remind your child to follow safety protocols each day. Help us slow the spread of COVID-19.
Dress Code Reminders
Be sure that your child is following dress code each day. Below is a snippet of the dress code from the Student Handbook 2020-2021. Please note that athletic shorts must be at the mid-thigh length. Students will be asked to change their clothing if out of compliance for dress code.
2nd Marking Period Progress Reports
Progress Reports are now available in the Home Access Center! Click the Home Access Center link for support. For log in support, email the TIS receptionist, Zandra Machado, at email@example.com.
Samora Davis, Principal
Tomball Intermediate School